Thursday, May 12, 2011

Update from the Field

All,
 
  Arrived a few hours ago.  All went fairly smoothly.  I was somewhat surprised at large number of young enlisted troops and relatively few officers that traveled over on the rotator.  There weren't even enough officers to fill the upstairs first class on the 747.  My perception is likely skewed due to the high officer-to-enlisted ratio at Wright Patterson and I realize there are other ways to make it to the theater, but I was struck by how young they are and how old I am.
 
  The flight seemed relatively short and the 1st class seats laid out into beds.  I've never been so comfortable on an airplane.  There was a quick layover at another base on the way in, but only for a few hours.   
 
   It was hot and dark when I arrived.  I'm looking forward to seeing the base in the sun light.  The Major I'm replacing picked me up at the terminal and seems to have everything well under control.  The transition should be smooth and fairly quick as he will be leaving in a few days.
 
  Love and miss you all very much,
 
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment